Recruit Your Support Team: Parents and Alumni Join Forces As Advocates
Alumni and parents are the most underutilized resource that you have. How do you ensure that they remain involved with the chapter, and how do you leverage those relationships to get career/networking opportunities, mentoring, social engagement, and financial support?
The four areas we need to improve among our alumni and parents are identification, communication, cultivation, and finally, solicitation. It must be in that order, as most go directly to solicitation and you end up failing miserably.
You'll understand the role of the Alumni Relations Committee, how to set up a database, the critical components of a newsletter, and how to get more alumni advisors for your chapter. You will also outline how to set up an effective alumni event from start to finish and learn how to promote a regional alumni club in your area that regularly has events of their own.
Finally, we'll have a FAQ session to answer all those questions that you've been wondering about alumni, such as why they don't come around and why they don't donate to the chapter. Given the techniques that you'll learn in this session, we can help you develop the relationship with your alumni and parents that you'll need to be the best you can be.
By the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
1. Define what alumni and parents can provide for chapters.
2. Demonstrate how alumni can help achieve your goals.
3. Build an alumni database.
4. Describe how we can communicate with alumni and parents.
5. Summarize how to cultivate alumni.
6. Illustrate how to solicit alumni for assistance.
7. Produce the components of an effective newsletter.
8. Illustrate how to get more alumni mentoring opportunities.
9. Construct alumni and parent involvement for your chapter.
10. List the steps involved in hosting a proper event that gets you the results you want with alumni and parents.
Intended Audience: fraternity members, sorority members