PRESENTION: Why You Mad? Education of Divine 9 & Multicultural Greeks
Members of the Divine Nine and multicultural organizations get upset when they see members of IFC and Panhellenic organizations strolling or wearing line jackets. We have a right to get mad, but are we educating them on our culture, history, and organizations? Are we even educating ourselves? What would our founders think of this matter?
During this presentation, we will discuss different scenarios, how we are educating IFC and Panhellenic members on our history, how we are educating ourselves within our own organizations, what our founders would say, and we will develop a strategic plan of educating IFC, Panhellenic, and our own members.
By the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
1. Evaluate different scenarios to see how the members themselves would react in each situation.
2. Examine what our founders would think about these scenarios.
3. Discuss the importance of education within our own organization
4. Discover our obligation to educate the greater campus community.
5. Produce an action plan to educate our own organization, our council, all councils on campus, and the general student body.
Intended audience: Divine Nine, Multicultural organizations, and other councils/members wanting to learn more about The Divine Nine, the National Pan-Hellenic Council, and Multicultural organizations on their campus.