PRESENTATION: Suicide Prevention in a Digital Age
This keynote will provide clarity on how we can utilize technology in an effective way to support one another in our mental health. Students will learn about what the brain is experiencing during suicidal ideation, how to identify warning signs of someone at risk, receive strategies on what to say and how to help (QPR), and understand the resources that are there to help.
- Address the pros and cons of technology and social media.
- Analyze key data among the correlation between digital usage and suicide rates.
- Understand how common mental health struggles are and know that it's OK not to be OK.
- Learn warning signs for those around you who may be having suicidal thoughts.
- How to Help: Suicide Prevention Conversation Tool- Question, Persuade, Refer, (QPR).
- Discover important resources and support.
- Know your role in suicide prevention.
Audience: All college students, fraternity and sorority members, etc.