PRESENTATION: From hang outs to hook ups. An honest approach to embracing safe sexual experiences on campus and beyond
The old “first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby carriage” forgot to include one important part of the timeline-College. For the first time many young adults are free to make their own decisions-from what they eat, what time they go to bed and quite frankly…. who they might invite into theirs. Aside from the obvious opportunity to study, College is a period in life focused on self
exploration, which in many cases is not limited to brand new sexual encounters and how they can shape our mental (and physical) perception of oneself long past our graduation and into adulthood.
• What does engaging in consensual safe sex practices mean?
• Losing the labels and stigma associated with gender roles when it comes to intimacy
• Embracing our bodies and saying no to shaming, protecting both mental and physical wellness
• How to have a transparent and honest discussion in regard to what is a safe and normal hookup experience in college
• Addressing the often uncomfortable taboo dialogue about sex shaming females and glorifying males and how we break the stigma
• Creating respectful boundaries on both a mental and physical level
• Strategies on to become more confident, vocal and protective of your feelings as it relates to sexual choices
Say yes to this program if you would like to:
• Understand the foundation of positive psychology and the tools that enhance resilience and well-being in college.
• Create daily practices and habits to grow and develop self-confidence, fulfillment and happiness.
• Become more self-aware and in tune with your mindset, thoughts and beliefs.
• Discover how to build on your strengths to find more meaning and engagement in your life.
• Learn ways to eat healthy and exercise in college to boost your energy and enhance your mental and physical health.
• Learn how to cultivate positive in-person relationships and connections to increase your overall happiness and health.