PRESENTATION: Know Your Worth in Relationships and STOP Giving Discounts!
Good relationships in college are possible by being truthful with yourself in what you're looking for, without feeling as if you need to change someone in order for them to fit. By hearing Tricia's past experiences, students will learn to spot red flags in their relationships such as communication/social media signs, signs of insecurity, money signs, and sex signs. Love doesn't hurt. People who don't know how to love you can hurt you.
We should learn from the past relationships that didn't work. When it's right, it's beautiful, welcoming, and warm. It starts by knowing what you are worth.
By the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
1. Define and recognize dysfunctional relationships - hopefully before it starts.
2. Explore how to stand up for your values and beliefs in a relationship and say no when there is a conflict in those values and beliefs.
3. Identify and describe healthy relationships.
4. Learn to identify and listen to the red flags in any relationship.
5. Summarize how to be a good partner in an existing relationship.