PRESENTATION: We CAN recruit with values!
In this talk, we will take a deep dive into values based recruitment. Traveling around the country for a sorority headquarters, it was apparent that many Panhellenic chapters do not recruit based on shared values. This critical decision can ultimately contribute to a chapter's success or failure. By showing students how to have values based conversations and how to rate potential new members based on values, we can predict high performance of particular new members and their successful integration into our chapter's culture. Through an interactive activity, we will illustrate how we are setting our chapter up for failure if we do not uphold our shared values at the point of recruitment.
By the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
1. Define values based recruitment.
2. Describe why values based recruitment leads to better recruitment outcomes.
3. Identify what our shared values are for our chapter, council, and university.
4. Illustrate how students can start values based conversations.
5. Implement a system to capture values based data for better decisions on potential new members.