PRESENTATION: The Great Reset – Building Community Through Conversation
The Great Reset is a program designed to encourage respectful discourse and empathetic listening. From it people around the table have an opportunity for conversation, about often polarizing subjects, by way of sharing their perspectives and learning, through listening, to others.
This seminar is intended as an opportunity to have people, in your community, readied to host their own four-person groups, around their own tables.
The Great Reset Seminar will inform and help guide those who are interested in taking the conversation beyond surface speak to diving in to what matters; what the stumbling blocks are on some of the key issues of the day and where we can ﬁnd, and foster, common ground.
The Great Reset Seminar consists of the following:
1. A general presentation to explain what prompted The Great Reset and why now is the perfect time for nationwide launch.
2. Following, Kalinda Fisher will moderate an abbreviated version of a Great Reset conversation with a small group of four.
3. Directly after The Great Reset a Q & A will be held. This session will be meant to answer general questions as well as to gather those interested in hosting conversations of their own.
4. Finally, those who have identiﬁed as wanting to host future conversations will be invited to participate in a small group break-out session to discuss the process further in-depth.
General Presentation :20 minutes
Abbreviated Great Reset :45 minutes
Q & A :20 minutes
Break :30 minutes
Small Group Meeting with Future Hosts :45 minutes
1. Empower small groups in a variety of communities to engage in open and honest discourse on relevant and often polarizing topics.
2. Provide the opportunity to express ones’ own opinions in a forum which is open to hearing a variety of perspectives.
3. Encourage listening; humbly and empathetically.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
1. Media Usage and Knowledge Acquisition in the day of #FakeNews
2. #Metoo and Relationships in the 21st century
3. Mental Health Care and Accessibility
4. Alcohol/Drug Abuse Cause and Effect
5. The Convergence of Politics and Religion
7. (In)equalities with Race and Gender
8. Gun Control and Legislation
9. Honoring Country and The Anthem - What is a Patriot?
To gain a better understanding of The Great Reset, feel free to view this clip: