PRESENTATION: Interactive New Member Workshop
New member education is crucial to the success of the new members, the chapters, and the entire community. Without a strong new member program, fraternities and sororities can find themselves risky, unhealthy, and dangerous activities. Through an interactive and custom workshop, we will discuss the purpose of the fraternity/sorority experience, hazing prevention, and alcohol/drug misuse and abuse, all while building unity among the newest members of your fraternity and sorority community and empowering new members to take ownership of the future of the communities. Get ready for plenty of hands-on activities and interaction between your new members!
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Build a sense of unity between new members from all chapters and councils.
2. Describe a safe and enjoyable new member education experience that is free from hazing and alcohol/drug misuse and abuse.
3. Recognize the signs of hazing and know how to report potential hazing activities.
4. Articulate the purpose of the fraternity/sorority experience.
5. Articulate the new members’ role within the chapter’s future.