I will keep it confidential, but I will send it to the right person. Part of our work as speakers on college campuses is to ensure students have access to the resources they need if they are facing challenges in their academic or personal lives.
If this is an emergency that requires immediate attention, please dial 911.
Students, friends, or family who are concerned about a student's behavior are encouraged to report the concern to an appropriate University representative or submit the concern here so I can send it to the right person. Your information will remain completely confidential.
A student of concern is any student who displays behaviors that may interfere with the student's ability to be successful and/or function well in the living, learning or work environment. Some examples of concerning behaviors may include but are not limited to:
- Disruptive behaviors in the classroom
- Threatening words or actions toward faculty, student or staff
- Online posting in social media or journals that are threatening
- Unexplained and extreme aggression toward others
- Projects or papers that convey clear intentions to harm self or others
- Observed self-injurious behavior, such as extreme thinness, burns or cuts
- Suicidality, including threats, gestures, ideation and known attempts of suicide
- Relationship violence
- Aggressive acts toward an identified group
- Students with weapons or infatuation with fire, firearms, bombs. ammunition or weaponry
- Paranoia or delusions by a student that he/she is being targeted
- Flat affect or extreme lack of responsiveness
- Excessive class absenteeism
- Uncharacteristic poor academic performance
- Substance abuse or being under the influence of illicit drugs
- Evidence of hazing
If you have seen anything from the list above, please use the form below. We will keep it confidential. Please provide us with the University name, name of the student, and any other details you can provide (time, date, place, what you saw)
Comments or questions are welcome.